Home > People
Senior Principal and Deputy General Counsel
Andrew provides legal and business advice for Promontory’s worldwide operations, on matters related to legal compliance, intellectual property, and information technology. Andrew also advises clients on corporate governance, risk management, compliance, and consumer protection. His experience covers a broad range of issues related to securities, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, technology transactions, and general corporate representation.
- Supported complex transaction compliance reviews by advising on operational, regulatory, information technology, data security, and real estate issues.
- Assisted a global credit card issuer with consumer compliance, project management, and regulatory-communications issues.
- Handled complex capital-markets and merger-and-acquisition transactions for public companies and private equity funds in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Prior to joining Promontory, Andrew was an attorney at Latham & Watkins, where his practice included clients in a broad range of public and private companies in industries such as financial services, health care, information technology, real estate, retail, and telecommunications. Andrew also represented venture capital and private equity funds for the firm, and he provided counsel in public and private securities offerings and merger-and-acquisition transactions. He represented companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq in matters regarding their reporting obligations for the Securities and Exchange Commission and other issues related to public-company status. He also served as counsel for boards of directors on corporate governance, accounting restatements, and other matters. Andrew’s technology-oriented experience includes structuring and negotiating strategic alliances and joint ventures, intellectual-property and technology licensing, data privacy matters, research and development transactions, co-development transactions, venture capital investments, intellectual-property issues arising from government contracts and complex business process and information technology outsourcing transactions. Prior to joining Latham, Andrew was a management consultant for Braun Consulting.
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.A., social studies, magna cum laude, Harvard College
- U.S. Presidential Scholar under President Bill Clinton