Home > People
Sir Callum McCarthy
Non-Director Chairman, Promontory Financial Group (UK) Ltd
Callum advises clients from our London office and has extensive knowledge of financial services regulation, with a distinguished career working with senior regulators, central banks and major financial firms.
Callum draws on deep experience in financial services regulation. He is currently on the board of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. He served as chairman of the Financial Services Authority and on the Court of the Bank of England from 2003 to 2008, and for the precursors of what are now the Financial Stability Board and the European Securities and Markets Authority. Callum was knighted in 2005.
- Ph.D., economics, Stirling University
- M.S., Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
- M.A., Merton College, University of Oxford
- Freeman, City of London
- Sloan Fellow, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
- Board of directors, IntercontinentalExchange
- Trustee, IFRS Foundation
- Director, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China