Home > People
A senior member of Promontory’s London-based privacy and data protection practice, Robert assists clients in financial services and other industries with evaluating, managing, and deploying regulatory compliance solutions around information management and data processing. An expert on privacy and data protection for the European Union and internationally, Robert has extensive experience in helping global clients address organization-wide and cross-border data compliance challenges.
Robert joined Promontory following a 13-year career with Deloitte, where he worked both in the United Kingdom and Belgium. He was most recently the head of Deloitte’s U.K. privacy and data regulation team and a senior manager in the firm’s risk and regulation practice. Previously, as a legal adviser in Deloitte’s Brussels office, he specialized in European data protection and technology assurance and advisory services. Earlier in his career, Robert completed an internship with the directorate-general for competition of the European Commission in Brussels.
- L.P.C., Nottingham Law School, England
- LL.B., English and European law, cum laude, University of Essex, England, and University of Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Advised a global investment bank on the outsourcing and off-shoring of European-wide finance and regulatory reporting functions, including issues such as confidentiality, data protection, and records management.
- Assisted a global banking group in developing a firm-wide framework for data-privacy compliance for outsourcing and vendor management.
- Led a project for a global investment bank to understand and manage the privacy and data protection requirements involved with the implementation of a global human resources management solution.