Home > People
Simon leads Promontory’s global privacy and data protection practice, advising firms on governance, risk, and regulatory issues related to their data and records. Simon helps organizations obtain greater value from the data they own, providing practical and proactive solutions that follow the latest legal and regulatory requirement and enable businesses to use personal information properly in the interests of their organization.
Simon is a U.K. chartered accountant and worked in Deloitte’s audit and technology risk unit before joining Promontory’s regulatory consulting practice. He has particular experience in building data protection programs in large organizations, advising on integrating privacy into large projects, and undertaking data protection compliance reviews. Simon has direct experience as a data protection officer through a six-month secondment to a large U.K.-based bank. Simon has also led a range of payments regulation projects for banks, e-money issuers, and payments institutions.
- B.A., English literature, Somerville College, University of Oxford
- Associate, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Led the development of enterprise-wide privacy programs for a range of financial institutions, including a number of large international banks.
- Led numerous in-depth data protection audits and privacy impact assessments for clients across various industry sectors.
- Acted as interim head of privacy and records management for a large international bank.