Home > People
Chief Executive Officer, Promontory Regulatory Analytics, LLC and Managing Director, Promontory Financial Group, LLC
Jack advises clients on a wide range of regulatory, supervisory, and strategic issues, including corporate governance and structure, emerging regulatory and supervisory issues, risk management, domestic and cross-border expansion, restructurings and regulatory investigations and proceedings.
Jack brings a broad spectrum of financial services, regulatory and advisory expertise to his role at Promontory. He is a former partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, a leading international law firm, where he was Co-Head of the Financial Institutions Group. Jack has consistently been ranked as one of the premier U.S. financial services lawyers, and is regularly recognized as such by the legal press. He has been identified by The International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers as one of the ten “most highly regarded” banking lawyers in the world. During the prior banking crisis, Jack served as General Counsel of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and was an active member of the FDIC’s senior leadership team. Earlier in his career, Jack headed a Special Study of Bank Securities Activities as a Special Counsel at the SEC.
- Graduate Fellow, University of Pennsylvania Law School Center for Study of Financial Institutions
- J.D., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- B.A., cum laude, Georgetown University
- Award Recipient for Contribution to Regulatory Reform. International Financial Law Review 2013
- Member, board of trustees, Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute
- Advised a major bank and its board of directors in resolving outstanding regulatory and supervisory issues with multiple government authorities.
- Strategic and regulatory advice to a financial institution regarding restructuring of its operations.
- Advice to financial industry trade groups regarding living wills and other issues under the Dodd-Frank Act.