Home > News & Insights > Insights & Publications

3/4/13 - Common Breakdowns in Risk Management

Recognizing and managing key risks have never been more challenging for large financial institutions, and the job seems only to get more difficult. Risk managers are responsible for a daunting range of products and activities, and handling 99% of the risks still leaves 1% that threatens the entire enterprise.

The risk-management, compliance, and internal-audit functions at large financial institutions can learn from mistakes — preferably those of others — as they pursue excellence. This Sightlines InFocus by Julie L. Williams discusses the many breakdowns that have fed headlines in recent years and serve as a rich opportunity to explore how to improve these vital functions.

Subscribe to Promontory Sightlines and publications   Follow Promontory on Twitter @PromontoryFG 

Read More...