Home > Offices
Opened in 2010, Promontory Financial Group’s Dubai branch provides advice and solutions to banks and other financial institutions in The Middle East, Turkey, and North Africa Region.
The Dubai office and regional operations are overseen by Walid R. Alameddine, a veteran international banker and bank regulator. Mr. Alameddine previously served 10 years as Chairman of Lebanon’s Banking Control Commission, and more than 20 years with Citibank, where he held managerial positions in seven countries.
Promontory Dubai provides clients with advice and solutions in many areas including:
- Provide strategic advice regarding business, financial, and regulatory issues. This includes advice and due diligence on acquisitions and divestitures
- Advise clients on requirements of operating in different countries, including business risk management and compliance
- Review and assist clients in building and/or improving Governance frameworks
- Assist clients with AML/CFT requirements, including conducting reviews and developing or strengthening effective AML compliance programs
- Advise clients on capital and liquidity planning
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments and make recommendations
- Assist clients to strengthen and enhance regulatory compliance functions
- Advise clients on Basel developments and requirements, FSAPs, and licensing
- Provide clients with advice regarding information risk management, internet banking, IT audit and compliance, and information security