Frank Newman is the Non-Executive Chairman of our Greater China office. He was previously Chairman and CEO of Shenzhen Development Bank, President and CEO of Bankers Trust New York Corporation, and U.S. Deputy Secretary of the Treasury.
The emergence of Asia has been an increasingly critical factor in world financial markets and has driven Promontory’s growing focus on the region since the establishment of our first non-U.S. office in Tokyo in 2004. Since then, the firm has developed strong teams based in Singapore and Sydney as well. With the establishment of an office in Hong Kong, Promontory China draws together the resources of the entire Promontory Group on behalf of clients in areas such as:
- Conducting corporate governance reviews and gap analyses.
- Preparing financial companies to meet diverse international regulatory standards.
- Conducting due diligence for international acquisitions.
- Developing review and implementation strategies for better financial control and risk management.
- Developing effective compliance risk management frameworks and functions.
- Undertaking reviews required by regulators.
- Assisting in the development and effective implementation of anti-money-laundering and sanctions programs, including monitoring, training and forensic transaction monitoring capabilities.
- Providing strategic advice regarding emerging financial and regulatory issues including insights into regulatory developments in the UK, EU and US enabling clients to develop appropriate regulatory strategies.
- Advising on new international capital regimes such as Basel III and Solvency II.