Our Singapore team is led by Jeffrey Carmichael AO who was the inaugural Chairman of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), the Australian regulator of banks, insurance companies, and pension funds. As a member of the Wallis Committee and first Chairman of APRA, Mr. Carmichael helped shape the regulatory architecture and culture that performed soundly in the recent global financial crisis. At Promontory he has advised financial institutions on strategy, risk governance, compliance matters, and regulatory relations. He is widely quoted on matters of regulatory reform and developments.
In addition to leadership on regulatory issues and risk management Promontory’s professionals in Singapore have assisted clients on a range of complex matters, including:
- Strategic advice regarding regional financial, business, and regulatory issues;
- Advice and assistance regarding US and regional trade sanctions and AML/CTF actions;
- Assistance with applications to regulators, including for Basel II accreditation;
- Assistance with developing risk policies and frameworks encompassing enterprise-wide management of credit, market, compliance, and operational risks;
- Assistance with developing an effective compliance and assurance function
- Business Technology Advisory services regarding information risk management, Internet banking, IT audit/compliance, and information security.