Just blocks from the White House and less than a mile from the U.S. Capitol, the office's central location puts it in a close proximity to the US Congress and the home offices of many federal regulators, including the Federal Reserve, Department of the Treasury, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Our staff roster in Washington, D.C. includes our Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Eugene Ludwig, former Comptroller of the Currency, and other senior professionals from key federal regulatory agencies. Our Washington, D.C. office's reach is worldwide with Promontory professionals being at the forefront of helping clients manage risk and enhance overall performance. Our recent projects have included:
- Assisting clients with efforts to obtain bank charters, including thrifts and Utah industrial banks.
- Assisting clients with due diligence efforts aimed at acquiring existing lending and other businesses.
- Advising foreign-based clients regarding operations in North and South America, including issues related to regional risk management and compliance structures.
- Assisting clients with preparation for regulatory examinations and responding to enforcement actions.
- Preparing studies on behalf of industry trade associations regarding market trends and legislative initiatives.
- Providing strategic advice regarding emerging financial and regulatory issues.