Promontory has assisted a number of the firms that will be designated financial market utilities. We are familiar with the SEC, CFTC and Federal Reserve Board supervision of, and regulatory expectations with respect to, such entities. Our team has extensive experience in (i) reviewing and enhancing their compliance and risk management infrastructures, including their new products and initiatives approval processes, and systemic risk program development; (ii) reviewing and enhancing their internal audit programs; (iii) designing, evaluating and managing surveillance and compliance systems; and (iv) advising such firms on the applicable regulatory restrictions and requirements, including capital requirements.
Areas of Expertise:
- Derivatives Clearing Organizations
- Securities Clearing Associations
- Securities Exchanges and Designated Contract Markets
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Corporate Governance and Controls Assessment
- Membership and Access Requirements